George Lea Scholarship
PLF has raised $7,000 over the last year from donations for this year’s two $5,000 scholarships. YOUR HELP IS NEEDED to raise the remaining $3,000. For those who would like to donate, there is still time to do so. You can make a contribution online or by sending a check to PLF Treasurer Dwight Hempel, P.O. Box 188, Blue Diamond, Nevada 89004 with a notation that the funds are for the George Lea Founder’s Scholarship Fund. Your contribution will be greatly appreciated, and is tax-deductible.
Applications For the 2017/2018 Academic Year
The PLF is pleased to offer its George Lea Scholarship to a good student who needs financial assistance to complete his or her schooling. The scholarship is named after PLF’s founder, George Lea. The scholarship consists of the following three elements:
- $5,000 to be used toward the student’s tuition expenses,
- An invitation to attend the next PLF annual meeting, with all transportation and living expenses paid, and
- The opportunity to “shadow” a local BLM manager for a day.
Who may apply:
- All juniors, seniors and masters-level graduate students majoring in a natural resource or public land policy curriculum during the 2017/2018 school year.
- Students who demonstrate academic excellence with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Full-time students planning on carrying at least 12 units per semester.
- Students will also be rated based on financial need, related volunteer, professional society participation, employment, etc.
How to apply:
- Applicants must fully complete the scholarship application form and submit the application to Mike Ferguson, PLF, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2017.
- Applicants must provide a description of the need for financial assistance in order to complete their term in school.
- Applicants must include a letter of recommendation from their major professor.
- Applicants may include their resume, letters of recommendation from work or volunteer supervisors or additional information believed to be relevant to the application.
If you have questions, please contact Mike Ferguson