Applications Due By December 30th!
The Public Lands Foundation (PLF) is a national membership organization that advocates and works to keep public lands in public hands. The public lands that we focus on are those that are managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). The PLF was founded in 1987 and is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization.
The PLF endorses and embraces the multiple use mission of the BLM.
Most of our members spent their careers managing these public lands located throughout the West. Collectively, we have extensive years of personal knowledge of these lands and unparalleled expertise in their management.
PLF is an independent organization and is not part of the BLM. Membership is open to current, former and retired BLM employees and all who have an interest in how public lands are used and managed.
Job Title: Executive Director
- This is a part-time, contract position, with 20 hours per week.
- Salary range from $50 to $65 per hour, depending on experience.
- Work from home with own workspace and office equipment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to work remotely with PLF leaders, and
- Substantial financial management and fundraising experience for a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Experience in higher level management of public lands or conservation programs. e.g. GS14-level with a federal land/resource management agency.
- Knowledge of government and non-government organizations and relationships.
- Based in the Washington DC area
- Assist the PLF in promoting its mission, vision, goals and activities before BLM, DOI, Congress, and other organizations.
- Direct and/or conduct all PLF fundraising activities, including major donor development and pursuit of grants, and funding needed to support the Executive Director position.
- Develop marketing tools and materials that communicate PLF’s message about WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO.
- Assist in the development and implementation of membership recruitment campaigns for new members.
- Serve as the initial public point of contact for the PLF.
How to Apply
- Submit a PDF (electronic) copy of a letter of application that addresses the Essential and Preferred Qualifications as well as your ability to perform the Primary Functions of the Executive Director position; and a detailed resume which includes three professional references to: [email protected] with the subject, “Executive Director Recruitment.” After a review of the applications received, the most qualified candidates may be invited to participate in remote interviews with members of the PLF Board of Directors. Applications are due by December 30, 2020.