PLF is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Interior Federal Credit Union to offer membership to employees, volunteers, and families of PLF. Affiliate groups, like the BLM Retirees of Oregon/Washington are also be eligible to join the CU’s field of membership. Interior FCU is a nationwide credit union, serving all 50 states and the American territories. They offer many benefits by belonging. You can visit their web site at interiorfcu.org to learn more, but here are a few highlights:
- Membership is free. To become a member, all you have to do is open a savings account and keep $25 deposited at all times.
- They have some of the best rates in the country. They try to remain as competitive as they can by offering their members low loan rates, high savings rates, and little to no fees. For example, they don’t have a foreign transaction fee on their creditcards, so that traveling abroad isn’t complicated.
- They are part of a shared-branch network with over 5,600 nationwide locations where you would be able to do in-person transactions, if needed. As credit unions are cooperatives, this means that you would go into another local, participating credit union and tell them that you are doing a transaction for your Interior FCU account, and they can process it in the universal share-branch system. The shared-branch locator is on their web site.
- They belong to a surcharge-free ATM network offering over 55,000 ATM machines all over the country—many of them located in 7-Eleven, Wawa, COSTCO, and Wal-Mart, as well as the local, participating credit unions. The ATM locator is on their web site, too.
- Most of their business, however, is done online through robust online and mobile banking technology, so that you have access to your accounts to perform transactions or apply for a loan or account 24 hours a day. With the ability to move money, pay bills, aggregate financial accounts, deposit a check, and use electronic wallets like Apple Pay and Visa Checkout, there’s no need to go into a branch. With a Visa Debit and Credit Card, virtually everything can be done electronically.
- They have a 24/7 Call Center. The Credit Union employees answer phones 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST, but after hours calls are handled by a Credit Union partner Call Center. Those employees are trained to handle most questions.
- They offer many discounts on things like auto, home, and even car rentals. Rewards are offered on both the credit and debit cards.
We will be sharing more information about the Credit Union in the near future, and will plan to have a Credit Union representative available for webinars and and informational meetings. If you have any immediate questions, please reach out to Ray Brady.
May 2019 Newsletter
When Should You Put Your Home on the Market?
If you’re thinking of selling your home, think spring. That’s because the season of blossoming flowers and gentle breezes has traditionally held the designation as the best time of year to see a home. If this is on your mind, click here to read more so you can make an informed decision about when to put your house on the market.
Did you know that the Credit Union offers discounts through the Smart Move Real Estate Rebate Program? Get a rebate on either buying or selling a home, or both! Just another benefit of being an Interior FCU member.
The Credit Union also offers First Mortgages, so if you are interested in purchasing, refinancing, or considering reverse mortgages for older members, please visit our Mortgages Page. Rates are still very competitive.