PLF is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Interior Federal Credit Union to offer membership to employees, volunteers, and families of PLF. Affiliate groups, like the BLM Retirees of Oregon/Washington are also be eligible to join the CU’s field of membership. Interior FCU is a nationwide credit union, serving all 50 states and the American territories. They offer many benefits by belonging. You can visit their web site at interiorfcu.org to learn more, but here are a few highlights:
- Membership is free. To become a member, all you have to do is open a savings account and keep $25 deposited at all times.
- They have some of the best rates in the country. They try to remain as competitive as they can by offering their members low loan rates, high savings rates, and little to no fees. For example, they don’t have a foreign transaction fee on their creditcards, so that traveling abroad isn’t complicated.
- They are part of a shared-branch network with over 5,600 nationwide locations where you would be able to do in-person transactions, if needed. As credit unions are cooperatives, this means that you would go into another local, participating credit union and tell them that you are doing a transaction for your Interior FCU account, and they can process it in the universal share-branch system. The shared-branch locator is on their web site.
- They belong to a surcharge-free ATM network offering over 55,000 ATM machines all over the country—many of them located in 7-Eleven, Wawa, COSTCO, and Wal-Mart, as well as the local, participating credit unions. The ATM locator is on their web site, too.
- Most of their business, however, is done online through robust online and mobile banking technology, so that you have access to your accounts to perform transactions or apply for a loan or account 24 hours a day. With the ability to move money, pay bills, aggregate financial accounts, deposit a check, and use electronic wallets like Apple Pay and Visa Checkout, there’s no need to go into a branch. With a Visa Debit and Credit Card, virtually everything can be done electronically.
- They have a 24/7 Call Center. The Credit Union employees answer phones 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST, but after hours calls are handled by a Credit Union partner Call Center. Those employees are trained to handle most questions.
- They offer many discounts on things like auto, home, and even car rentals. Rewards are offered on both the credit and debit cards.
We will be sharing more information about the Credit Union in the near future, and will plan to have a Credit Union representative available for webinars and and informational meetings. If you have any immediate questions, please reach out to Ray Brady.
July 2019 Newsletter
Explore More, Pay Less
Whether you’re in need of a hard-earned vacation or have your eye on that stylish boat or luxurious RV, we offer financing at affordable rates to help you enjoy your summer.
For your vacation, summer project, or back to school expenses, consider a Personal Line of Credit. It works like a credit card—pay the balance down, and use the line over and over again up to your limit. This is the same line of credit we offered during the Government Shutdown. If you have one, you can use that without the need to re-apply. Want to increase your limit? Submit a new application online with the total amount of your new limit request. Don’t have one yet? Check out our website today. It’s a great idea to establish a Personal Line of Credit just in case of another government shutdown or as your rainy day resource. If there is another government shutdown, this is the loan we normally reduce to 0% APR for 30 days or for the length of the shutdown, whichever is greater. And better yet, this applies to ALL member Personal Lines of Credit–whether or not the shutdown affects you. Personal Lines of Credit can also be linked to your checking account as a form of overdraft protection.
Many members don’t realize that the Credit Union offers loans on boats, trailers, and RVs! From adrenaline rushes to being in no rush at all, we help you enjoy your time off even more with affordable loans for outdoor toys. We offer up to 85% financing plus tax, tags, and loan protection (in case of death, disability, or loss of employment). Check out our very competitive rates, use our online calculator to estimate your payment, and get pre-approved so that you have buying power when you walk into the dealer. We also offer our members discounts on their auto insurance!
Example: Finance a $40,000, 22 ft Pontoon Boat, $6,000 down, at 6.00% APR for 72 months, estimated monthly payment of $611 (assuming a 6% sales tax, $450 in title and registration, and 15% depreciation.)
CULookup.com Calculator Disclaimer
CULookup.com financial calculators are provided as a free service to our users. The information supplied by these calculators is from sources and based on calculations that we believe to be reliable, but no guarantee, explicit or implied, is made regarding their accuracy or applicability to your specific circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes, and are not intended to provide investment advice. CULookup.com does not accept any liability for loss or damage whatsoever, which may be attributable to the reliance on and use of the calculators. Use of any calculator shall constitute acceptance of the terms of this agreement. We urge you to consider finding a qualified professional for advice with regard to your personal finance issues.
Interior FCU…Your Natural Resource for Financial Services 800-914-8619