George Lea Founder’s Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The PLF is pleased to offer its George Lea Founders Scholarship to a good student who needs financial assistance to complete his or her schooling. The scholarship is named after PLF’s founder, George Lea. The scholarship consists of the following three elements:
- $5,000 to be used toward the student’s tuition expenses. Note: Funds will be sent directly to the recipient’s school for disbursement by the Financial Aid Office.
- An invitation to attend the next PLF annual meeting, with all transportation and living expenses paid.
- The opportunity to “shadow” a local BLM manager for a day.
Who may apply:
- All juniors, seniors and masters-level graduate students majoring in a natural resource or public land policy curriculum during the 2021/2022 school year.
- Students who demonstrate academic excellence with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Full-time students planning on carrying at least 12 units per semester.
- Students will also be rated based on financial need, related volunteer, professional society participation, employment, etc.
How to apply:
- Applications are submitted to David Stout, PLF, [email protected]rg by March 19, 2021.
- Applicants must provide a description of the need for financial assistance in order to complete their term in school.
- Applicants must include a letter of recommendation from their major professor.
- Applicants may include their resume, letters of recommendation from work or volunteer supervisors or additional information believed to be relevant to the application.
If you have questions, please contact David Stout.
E-mail: [email protected]
Download the Application!
Help PLF Fund Scholarships!
PLF needs your help to fund its two annual scholarships of $5,000 each to worthy students.
The PLF is actively seeking donations to ensure that we can award two scholarships every year. Your contribution will be greatly appreciated, and is tax-deductible. For more information about the George Lea Founder’s Scholarship download the brochure.