George Lea Founder’s Scholarship
Applications for the 2019/2020 academic year are being accepted until March 15, 2019.
The PLF is pleased to offer its George Lea Founders Scholarship to a good student who needs financial assistance to complete his or her schooling. The scholarship is named after PLF’s founder, George Lea. The scholarship consists of the following three elements:
- $5,000 to be used toward the student’s tuition expenses,
- An invitation to attend the next PLF annual meeting, with all transportation and living expenses paid, and
- The opportunity to “shadow” a local BLM manager for a day.
Who may apply:
- All juniors, seniors and masters-level graduate students majoring in a natural resource or public land policy curriculum during the 2019/2020 school year.
- Students who demonstrate academic excellence with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Full-time students planning on carrying at least 12 units per semester.
- Students will also be rated based on financial need, related volunteer, professional society participation, employment, etc.
How to apply:
- Applicants must fully complete the scholarship application form and submit the application to David Stout, PLF, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2019.
- Applicants must provide a description of the need for financial assistance in order to complete their term in school.
- Applicants must include a letter of recommendation from their major professor.
- Applicants may include their resume, letters of recommendation from work or volunteer supervisors or additional information believed to be relevant to the application.
If you have questions, please contact David Stout.
Download the Application!
Help PLF Fund Scholarships!
PLF needs your help to fund its two annual scholarships of $5,000 each to worthy students. Donate online or by check mailed to PLF Treasurer Dwight Hempel, P.O. Box 188, Blue Diamond, Nevada 89004 with a notation that the funds are for the George Lea Founder’s Scholarship Fund. Your contribution will be greatly appreciated, and is tax-deductible. For more information about the George Lea Founder’s Scholarship download the brochure.