Help keep public lands in public hands, professionally and sustainably managed for responsible common use and enjoyment. One way of contributing to that goal is to increase the public’s understanding of, and support for, the proper management of the NSPL.
Our youth programs are designed to:
- Engage young people in natural resource and public land management issues.
- Provide BLM with input and perspectives of young people from which they might otherwise not be hearing
- Create a pool of “ambassadors” who will continue to be informed on land management issues either as Federal employees or private sector employees.
It costs $2,000 to send a student to the Student Congress. This covers all travel, meals, and lodging expenses as well as meeting rooms and speaker fees.
Each $5000 scholarship is awarded to a highly capable, motivated natural resource student who may not otherwise be able to complete their degree or join the job pool of potential future BLM employees.
The PLF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. Your donations are tax-deductible to the maximum extent permitted under the law.
Clicking a “Donate” button will open a secure webpage where you can use your PayPal account or a personal bank card. You will receive an emailed receipt of your transaction within minutes of completion… Thank you! Donations are vital! The PLF relies on voluntary support of people like yourself to carry out its mission.
Use the designated button below to donate to the Public Land Foundation cause of your choosing.
- Donations in support of PLF goals but NOT designated toward a specific project
- Donations in support of PLF goals AND designated for a specific purpose or project
- Donations for the PLF Archives Project
- A Memorial Donation in memory of a loved one or co-worker
Please follow the 3 steps outlined below.
- After clicking on the Donate button, enter the total amount of your donation on the transaction form.
- Prior to completing the transaction, enter your instructions to the Add Special Instructions to the Seller as shown below. Enter the names and dollar amounts according to how you want your donation to be distributed. This information is necessary so PLF can accurately record your donation:
- OR Donate by Check
If you prefer to donate to PLF with a personal check, make the check payable to the Public Lands Foundation and mail to:
Public Lands Foundation
P.O. Box 7226
Arlington, VA 22207
Please designate on the check or accompanying letter, your intended use for the donation. Donations that do not specify a specific project will be considered a “non-designated” donation and will be used to support PLF goals at the discretion of the Board.
Giving Doesn’t Have to Cost
Many, if not most, merchants donate to charities. Did you know that you can tell them which charities you would like them to support? It’s easy. All you have to do is sign up for Amazon Smile or iGive. It only takes a few minutes. Then, every time you shop on amazon.com or from merchants participating in iGive, a percentage of your purchase automatically goes to the charity of your choice. The Public Lands Foundation is registered on both sites. You can help with funding scholarships, the Student Congress, or PLF operations in general simply by doing your normal shopping. It won’t cost you a penny, just a few minutes of your time.
Support PLF through the Combined Federal Campaign
Federal civilian and military personnel (and retired annuitants beginning with the 2017 CFC) can donate to the Public Lands Foundation, dba Conservation and Protection of Public Lands, through the CFC. We truly appreciate those who support our organization by directing their CFC contribution to Conservation and Protection of Public Lands each year.
Last year’s donations helped support over 2,600 volunteers who maintained over 15 miles of recreational trails; cleaned up more than 47 miles of Wild and Scenic River shoreline; installed interpretive kiosks; planted native vegetation; removed tons of junked appliances, chairs, broken vehicle parts, tires, household trash, and heaping piles of twisted metal, tin and wood, from your public lands.
Your donation will help improve public lands for your children’t sake and for generations to come.
Donate Your Vehicle to PLF!
A free, convenient service for converting that extra car, truck, or RV into a tax deductible donation benefiting PLF. You can donate online or callto make your donation.
Don’t donate your car or truck to some charity you have never heard of. Our trusted service makes sure your vehicle is properly handled so you get your tax deduction and your charity, PLF, gets the benefit of your donation.
Start now by clicking on “Donate Now” below. If you are not ready to donate, find out about donating your vehicle by browsing all the valuable information and links on our site.