George Lea Founder’s Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The PLF is pleased to offer its George Lea Founders Scholarship to a good student who needs financial assistance to complete his or her schooling. The scholarship is named after PLF’s founder, George Lea. The scholarship consists of the following three elements:
- $5,000 to be used toward the student’s tuition expenses. Note: Funds will be sent directly to the recipient’s school for disbursement by the Financial Aid Office.
- An invitation to attend the next PLF annual meeting, with all transportation and living expenses paid.
- The opportunity to “shadow” a local BLM manager for a day.
Who may apply:
- All juniors, seniors and masters-level graduate students majoring in a natural resource or public land policy curriculum during the 2022/2023 school year.
- Students who demonstrate academic excellence with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Full-time students planning on carrying at least 12 units per semester.
- Students will also be rated based on financial need, related volunteer, professional society participation, employment, etc.
How to apply:
Complete the below online application and upload a Letter of Recommendation from your major professor.
If you have questions, please contact David Stout, Chair, Scholarship Committee