Welcome to the
Public Lands Foundation
The First Stop for Information on Public Lands
PLF’s Partner – NAFSR – Requests Senate Energy and Natural Resource Committee to Exercise Oversight of BLM Reorganization
PLF Opposes Interior’s “Realignment” Plan for the BLM.
In a letter to key Congressional Committees, the PLF explained why it opposes Interior’s plan to move the BLM’s headquarters to Grand Junction, Colorado and scatter most Washington Office staff throughout the State Office, leaving only a skeletal crew in DC. PLF Board members held meetings with Congressional committee and member staff as well in July.
2019 PLF Annual Meeting
Our Annual Meeting is set for September 10-14 at the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino in Reno, Nevada. View details and register online!
PLF Announces Membership Survey Results
Our 2019 membership survey results are now available! Read or download the results.
Letters & Testimony
- PLF Letter Requesting Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee to Hold a Hearing on the BLM Reorganization, August 20, 2019
- BLM Reorganization – Opposition Letter to Congress from multiple organizations including PLF dated July 31, 2019
- PLF Letter to Congress on BLM Reorganization 2019 FINAL dated July 22, 2019, with DOI attachment
- Small Miner Fee Waiver – Letter to BLM Acting Director dated March 8, 2019
- Maintaining the Bureau of Land Management Headquarters in Washington, D.C. (July 2019) UPDATED!
- Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Management (September 14, 2018)
- Wilderness Study Areas (June 18, 2018)
- Abandoned Mine Lands Program (PLF 2016-01)
- Oregon and California Forests: Future (PLF 2013-01)
- Keep Public Lands in Public Hands (PLF 2010-10)
- Climate Change (PLF 2010-02)
The PLF’s 2019 Annual Meeting will be held at the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino in Reno, Nevada, September 10-13, 2019.